Approved Inspection Authority (AIA)
- Approved Inspection Authority (AIA)
- Activities as contemplated by the PER Regulations of the OHSACT, Act 85 and the Minerals Act 29.
- Design review and drawing approval/verification
- Re-certification of boilers and pressure vessels
- Verification of incoming materials, cast number transfer of materials and reporting (ISO 3834 & SANS 347)
- Verification of fabrication i.e. witnessing of weld preps, fit-ups, etc.
- Reviewing / witnessing and evaluation of NDE
- Witnessing of shop pressure tests
- Stamping of nameplate and countersign / issue Certificate of Compliance
- Progressive review and final approval of data books
- Witness of statutory in-service pressure tests on pressure vessels
- Annual visual inspections and 36 monthly statutory inspections on steam generators
- Inspection of new and modified steam generators (boilers), pressure vessels and systems under pressure
Authorised Inspection Authority activities on:
- Installation of Gas Lines
- Fabrication of GRP vessels
- Fabrication of metallic pressure vessels and heat exchangers
- Fabrication of Heat Exchangers, Drums, Steam Generators (Boilers) Reactors and site installation of piping and related equipment.